Pick & Pack
There comes a time when every business needs to scale up, providing more products to a growing customer-base. Our pick and pack services help take your business out of the garage and to the next level.
We work with a wide variety of accounts, from the biggest stars in music to a small mom and pop eBay store – every client is given the same world class service and support. Our friendly, reliable, and experienced team are dedicated to ensuring every job is accurate and completed on or ahead of schedule.
When you ship through Amazon’s FBA service, they have certain packaging and fulfillment prep requirements for your products. Properly packaging and preparing units (FBA prep) helps to reduce delays in receive time, protects your products while in fulfillment centers, and creates a better customer experience.
Kitting & Assembly
Does your business require combining multiple products into new product kits? Our warehouse kitting service can handle both small and large orders, allowing us to create promotional kits, multi-packs and more.
With kitting, you can service individualized orders by stringing custom components and creating a final product kit or bundle just before delivery.
Have an idea for a subscription box? Have a subscription box business that is ready to be at the next level? Warehousing Pro can be your trusted partner to put together your subscription boxes on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- We have been using Warehousing Pro for around a year now and we are thrilled that we found them! They have been the missing piece to our business. Chris and his team have listened and helped in any way possible through the process of using their services. I admire the way they build relationships with their customers!!
- These guys are on the ball. They helped me out creating some multi-packs for Amazon Vendor Express while I was out of the country. They were super responsive to emails and turned around an order in less than 24hours. Can't recommend them highly enough. Just wish that I was closer, so that I could buy them all a beer.
- After launching a Kickstarter campaign that was far more successful than I expected, I began the process of looking for a fulfillment center that could handle our order fulfillment. I called half a dozen warehouses in the area and got impersonal and slow responses... except for Warehousing Pro. They spent a half hour on the phone with me just helping a fulfillment novice sort out my needs. The whole team at Warehousing Pro has not only been a great fulfillment center, but a helpful resource for all things shipping, packaging, Shopify, and online commerce.
- Warehousing Pro is a great company to work with! Not only is everyone extremely friendly and helpful, they truly care about the quality service they provide. If you are looking for a reliable company to work with, then look no further! We look forward to utilizing them again in the future
- I was very overwhelmed with the thought of sending 200 items out over the Holidays for my Company. I didn't want my team to be spending time packaging things when they could be helping our customers. I called Warehousing Pro not knowing even where to start and I was put in touch with Chris Jenkins. He was so quick to offer me a solution and stayed in touch with me during the entire process. We will definitely be using this company again. They were very organized and professional. Thank you all!
- These guys tackled a giant fulfillment project with my company and just nailed it. They have a total grasp of operations from storage, fulfillment, shipping, staffing, and execution. Looking forward to working with them on future projects. These guys come highly recommended!
- Warehousing pro handles ALL my storage/shipping/pick pack services for my small business. They are perfect for any size business. Storage and space is only the beginning. It’s really the people that make the difference. They are honest hardworking people with great principles. Call them you won’t be disappointed.
How much does a fulfillment center cost?
What should you expect to pay when using a fulfillment center? The fees will differ from fulfillment company to fulfillment company, but most outsourced warehouses charge various fulfillment fees for each service they provide your business. For specifics, you can check out FulfillmentCompanies.net detailed guide on fulfillment pricing and costs. These general fees are outlined below.
Fulfillment Onboarding Costs
Sometimes fulfillment companies will charge you a fee to get set up with their company. Usually, this fee covers the cost of integrating with their warehouse management system, setting up all of your SKUs in their system and any other pre-work needed to get your account up and running.
Inventory Receiving Costs
Each time you send new products to the fulfillment center, the warehouse staff will have to inspect it, count it and tie those counts to your PO for accuracy, perform any necessary services to get it ready for inventory (such as kitting, labeling, re-packaging, etc.), enter all of the SKUs and counts into their warehouse management system, and then physically locate it in their warehouse. These items are all considering “receiving”.
Product Storage Costs
Each month your fulfillment center will need to store your product in their warehouse, either on the floor, on pallets (typically in racking), in bins, etc. You will be charged a monthly fee to “rent” this space. The good news is that you’ll only be charged for the space that you actually use, rather than paying the fixed costs of a lease if you were to run your own warehouse space.
Pick and Pack Costs
Once your orders are placed, the warehouse will receive them, pick them, box them if necessary, and prepare the orders to be shipped to customers. The fulfillment center will charge a fee to perform these services, usually referred to as either order fulfillment fees or pick and pack costs. Fees could be charged as a fixed cost per order, a fixed order fee plus a per item charge, or an assortment of other ways. For companies with special scenarios, such as crowdfunding campaigns or subscription boxes, oftentimes the fulfillment center will create a custom pick and pack cost for the project that accurately reflects the time to prepare the orders and capitalizes on the synergies of performing this work in bulk.
It’s important to note that some companies will include the packaging costs into the pick and pack fees, and some will not, so it’s key to understand if any additional charges will be applied to box and fill your packages. You can also provide the warehouse with your own packaging and cartons and supplies in most cases.
Sometimes, your products will need to be “kitted” together in order to make a complete unit. As an example, an order may need 2-3 or more individual products put together. Usually, this can be done more cost effectively in bulk by completing many units at a time. If performed up front and in bulk, the fulfillment center will generally be able to provide a discounted kitting fee.
Once your orders are ready to ship, the fulfillment center will generate the shipping label using your preferred method of shipping. You will have options with most fulfillment companies where you can either ship on your own freight account or use the fulfillment center’s freight account. The benefit of using the fulfilment center’s freight account is that you can capitalize on their discounted rates, thereby receiving better shipping costs than what you’d be able to achieve on your own.
Other Fees at a Fulfillment Center
The above-mentioned fees are the most common items that you’ll run into if you use a fulfillment center. However, this is not an exhaustive list. Some fulfillment centers will charge other fees, such as account management fees (to provide customer service to your company and answer any questions that you have about orders and inventory), order insert fees (an additional fee to insert promotional materials into each order), returns fees (to receive any product returns, inspect them for damage and then either place them back into inventory or dispose of them), etc.
Request A Quote
2610 Hart Street
Nashville, TN 37207
p. 800-661-WPRO (9776)
Monday 8:00 – 5:00
Tuesday 8:00 – 5:00
Wednesday 8:00 – 5:00
Thursday 8:00 – 5:00
Friday 8:00 – 5:00
Saturday By Appointment Only
Sunday By Appointment Only